Monday, December 28, 2009

Edward or Elvis

     
Who is this handsome man?  If you want a good laugh, go ask any tween in your house, then go ask anyone over fifty.  I find this this very amusing.  Have your tweener with you when you ask the old dinosaur.  
I am sure anyone under fifteen-years-old, told you that this is Edward Cullen, the hunky vampire from the Twilight Saga and any over fifty-year-old's, told you that this is Elvis Presley, the king of rock-n-roll.  We're still laughing.  Famous words from the tween's "Duh! it's Edward, how could you have not known that."

Well, I think they're  both hot, so I made a reversible bag for myself, one side is Elvis and the other side is Edward.
      I also made all the tween's in my family these Team Edward themed bags.  They were a hit!  I think I even heard  my niece scream when she opened it  from 10,000 miles away.


     These are fun, big bags that sling over the shoulder.  The best part is that, they are reversible.  The pattern for the bag is super easy and can be found at http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/sling_bag .  I found the awesome Cullen crest by doing a Google image search and  Edward's silhouette can be found at Pin and Paper's blogsite at http://pinandpaper.blogspot.com/2009/11/embracing-my-inner-13-year-old.html  .            I made a cardboard stencil  by cutting up a cereal box with an exacto knife. First, I printed the images I wanted out. Then taped each one to a cereal box then carefully cut it out.  This gave me my reusable stencil to paint.  I then taped the stencil on the bags and used acrylic paint to paint the images on the bags. The small pieces on the the Cullen Crest (example, the clovers) were floating pieces.  I used tweezers to place them on the fabric where they belonged, then very gently painted around them. Tip-use the tweezers to help keep the floating pieces in place while painting.  Turned out quite well.  If I do say so myself. 

Here are some happy girls, standing in line to see the movie New Moon on opening day.  We had a great time.  Check out their suckers.  Blood suckers!  LOL.  Everyone in line got a real kick out of them.  Here is the link if you want to make some, for the blood suckers in your life.  http://tissupapers.blogspot.com/2009/10/vampire-blood-lollipops.html.  


       Well, there are two more Twlight movies left to come out, so there is a lot of time to start making some fun gifts for the little blood suckers in your lives.                                Edward and Bella Forever!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun getting those creative juices flowing again! Here is a link to another mom who does lots with little
    http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/
    I am resolving to work some creativity into each day even if it is only 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me. Just who did you inherit all this talent from??

    ReplyDelete